Friday, March 14, 2014

Treading the Path to Power

So in the last month or so I started up a Warriors of Chaos army for Warhammer Fantasy. this will pretty much be the first fantasy army that I've started and intend to continue with, my Tomb Kings of ages gone by disappearing with the great migration years ago.As is normal, I started up with a box of Chaos Warriors and started getting my colour scheme ready. I had some models lying around from the days of Mordheim and used them as a test



Above are the initial colour tests. I wanted a corroded look to them, so I experimented with citadel leadbelcher and Typhus corrosion on the left and Brass and Typhus corrosion on the right. the cracked feel on the left was achieved using agrellan earth and drybrushes of browns and whites. In the end I decided on the right hand colour scheme, initially wanting the cloaks to represent the Mark of their specific Chaos God, in this case Khorne.

I then moved on to getting all the bases ready. This is officially the first time i am actively trying to base my models. in the past I merely stuck em together and then thought about basing afterwards.


Using some slate pieces donated by Bradley over at LeyzerBattle Blog, I painted a brown base coat and covered that up with Agrellan Earth, alternating the thicknesses to give differing cracks. Some grey, brown and ushabti bone mixes, drybrushed erratically, and the bases were complete.


Next step was to get the cloaks ready. I batch painted them, making sure I didn't paint on the glue lines. Shades of red with some Nuln Oil and then some brown with shading on the fur.

I forgot to take more pics after that, but finally i had completed one warrior.

After a few mishaps and some glue errors i finally finished off the unit, adding two extra warriors from my old Mordheim models, to round off a unit of 14, with space for a hero.



Then came the magnet adventure. after fooling around a bit with some magnetic sheets, i chopped em up and got them going, making perfect movement trays


and the magnet test....

..... think it works.

anyways, will be putting up more details of my army. I have a whole lotta hounds, knights and marauders to do, and some Hero models arriving soon.Till then, keep rolling sixes!





No comments: