Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Roll for Deployment

So I have returned to the world of Warhammer 40k, with a vengeance! I've been painting, playing, arguing, drooling and generally acting like the crazy fanboy I am. I've joined with the guys over at the DWGC in Pinetown, which is Durban's only wargaming club and its been nothing but fun all the way.

The club is small but has a very dedicated group of players who meet up every Tuesday night and every second Sunday. The games are relaxed, easy and generally fun to play, which is a nice turn around from a lot of the other clubs I've seen. The guys are accommodating, understanding and always ready to help when rules need to be clarified or situations judged on. All in all, its worth me making the forty-five minute trip from  Umkomaas to Pinetown just to roll some dice around.

The guys have lots of different armies there; some Chaos Marines, Tau, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Imperial Guard, Grey Knights, Space Marines and their variants and Necrons. There are some Orks bashing around, but I have yet to see them. Me, I am the proud owner of some acceptably painted blue Necrons.

My experience with them so far has been on and off; some battles they do total and utter damage, and some they do nothing more than get eaten. I've noticed that I seem to win every time I'm in a better mood, and actually have my forces set up in tactically advantageous ways. Sometimes I just seem to plonk them down and hope for the best, disregarding everything the previous games have taught me and had my arse handed to me on a platter. Either way I've had fun, and the guys at the club have played no small part in that.

However there is one bad thing that has come from my rejoining the plastic worshiping league: it means my obsession is back, and this time its gonna be harder to lose. I'd sell my family to buy more games workshop products, and it wouldn't stop there. If I had my way, I'd be buried in plastic crack. It's bad man, reeeeaaal bad!!!

Either way, i am happy, and am glad i got back into the hobby. I'm probably gonna put more posts up concerning these things, and well, if anyone is out there reading this, then i hope you find it worth your while.

Eonblue out!

PS: some of the warhammer stuffs i've been amusing myself with:
My Necron Force in all its plasticness

No comments: