Monday, June 10, 2013

A new job, a new perspective, new interests

Car Parts


Uh huh, you read that right. Those big words up there are actually there. Here, on a blog written by a self professed Geek. The last person you'd expect to see associated with a genre normally synonymous with large dirty men covered in grease and oil, getting ready to go home and braai, enjoying a game of rugby on the TV. Well no, maybe not totally, but then one has to take into consideration the pure base of the group, the gist of what it is to deal in car spares and just exactly what is going on there; and also why the hell I'm even talking about it.

At the beginning of the year I made the decision to leave the glamour of managing Waves Restaurant in favor of running a dive lodge. That job didn't work out due to my inexperience at driving the Quantums they used to ferry their clientele around. I ended up unemployed and in a financial crisis. Until I bumped into one of my old customers at a corner cafe in town, and he asked if I was interested in helping him out a bit. I accepted and thus began my journey into the mysterious world of Auto Parts.

Yeah i know, a little bit over embellished but seriously, its opened my eyes a helluva lot. To be honest, the first time i started sorting through the stock, i started getting scared of driving, owing that all those thousand little bits and pieces were all moving in synchronicity, to make this big pile of metal move at speeds man should never have been able to move at. Its truly insane. I never paid much attention to cars as a kid, merely crashing my HotWheels for fun, or constructing ramps for them to run along, but the inner workings always stayed out of the realm of interest. I was always more into computers and their bits and pieces. Never mind how awesome some of  the machined parts look; imagine the scenery possibilities!

And now I'm in it. I'm enjoying it, and I feel like I've ventured into a realm that had always been hiding out of the corner of my eye, barely glimpsed. Its fun, and interesting. I'm learning more and more every day, and that's what fuels me on. I've even made some adverts:
So yeah, that's pretty much me in this world I've never really been to before. Otherwise, if you are looking for any spares, let me know, i can probably get them cheap!

No comments: