Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Some work done over the last few weeks

It has been a while since my last post, and I've done quite a few little paint jobs since. So without further ado here they are:





My new Chaos Lord for my Warriors of Chaos army has been completed. not too sure if i'm happy with his blade and the lava effect.



I ordered one of the last Crom the Conqueror models. I've always loved it, since it first came out in the Storm of Chaos way back when. Painting metal figurines has brought back some good memories. gonna miss that medium.

Finally got round to painting the Black Kraken. Such tiny details and so much fun! Got lots more Dreadfleet stuff to paint though!


My latest addition to my Grey Knights army is the Nemesis Dreadknight above. Magnetised the sword and waist, more for transporting tha for actual WYSIWYG game purposes. Not my proudest job, but it will suffice


I am currently working on some Nightlords Teminators for a friend. the lightning was painful at first, but now comes smoothly

My Triarch Praetorian Kill Team was more an impulse buy than any proper strategic thinking. I gave them the Staff of the Covenant, thinking they might be effective.... they are not. i do hope the next codex fixes these guys. The only similar theme to my main army is the blades on the staffs, and they were intended to be used as a Killteam. I doubt they would see much game time otherwise.



This is my converted Grey Knights Librarian, using the Dark Vengeance librarian character and some spare bits from the strike force box. Was a lot of fun to build and looks pretty effective.

i still have a whole lot of chaos to paint, and i recently acquired some Grey Knight Terminators. I'm gonna wait until i see the new Codex before i stick them together, and decide what weapons they'll use, or whther they will be paladins or not.
Nothing much more to say here, so peace out and enjoy whatever it is you are doing!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking good, man! Lava is difficult to paint, for that sort of thing, I would usually paint the whole sword "fiery"and then layer the metal over the edges afterwards.

Just a thought :)