Saturday, July 05, 2008

Hunter

No one said,
We'd ever know each other.
A new evidence, is what we require,
In this world.

I stand on the edge of a broken sky,
And I'm looking down, don't know why.

And if I should fall, would you hold me?
Would you pass me by?
Ooh, you know I'd ask you for nothing,
Just to wait for a while.
- Portishead

If I could close my eyes and not remember you... maybe I could smile. Maybe then I could move onto better pastures. Start lookin around without seeing your eyes, your laughter giving me that comforting thrill up my spine. Start experiencing what this new life of mine really is.

But then there is you. You self righteous fuckhead. you manipulative, self centred bastard, you cocky, pathic little twerp of a man claiming all that you are but having nothing to show for it. no proof, no meaning no life, except what i gave you. what i made you to be. you should be thanking me, you should be bowing on your knees. i can see myself holding your body over a railing, telling you my ultimatums, then letting you stand again, and watching your betrayal continue. "what you don't know is that within seconds i will have things done to you that will leave you fucked for life, within minutes your family will be dismembered, their bits thrown all about town, within hours anyone you cared about, no matter where they are in the world, will be flayed alive, and within days, nothing that could even mark your existence would remain.

And then there is you. My other. My half. the one who calls to me always and forever, who has been doing so for so long now. the one who pulls at my void, without even knowing, without need or blessing. My muse, my soul, my death in times to come. you've already been my ressurection, oh so many times. you've even been my accuser, the one who burnt me at the stake. No wonder you are so perfect for me. no wonder you'll always be there.

And you, contained within your own madness, self sustaining like mine, self mutilating, self deprecating, we both plow through like enraged titans and then ask why evryone thinks we're erratic, why does everyone hate us? why are we constantly being betrayed? why are we being destroyed? we are the same, you and i, both so immaculate in our presence of pure emotion, but stupid like blinded minotaurs in our own maze. my enemy too, you are, for you know not what you have taken from me, and what i so badly want to steal back from you.

And you, pure innocence scarred. the perfect trophy, the diamond in the rough. I'll tear you to pieces, as i have countless times before and you've done the same. I taught you to be more defiant, more brave, to feel your emotions and not drown in them. i gave your reality, feeling, bliss, ecstasy, even the knowledge of your powers. i made you real. and you love me for it, although you know not what i have done. yet you love me. and i love you, dearly.

And how can i forget you? you with your lack of need, but overwhelming sense of purpose, you who were nothing, and risen from the ashes like a bloddied phoenix, covered in your own sins, too many from which you barely even took notice, too many for you to deal with on your own. You who art so strong, yet so weak too. you'll break those against us, and mend our allies. what l;ife would be without you, i know not, and i do fear it. greatly....

You. you are the one who will die first, you who stare at me so determinedly, my defiance your laughter, my pain your joy. you wish to have me, but never can. you are already dead, you don't even know it yet. every time i see you, you've faded just that little bit more....

I think i'll keep your memory for now. i know it won't ever leave me. i know you won't ever go away. Oh how you'll rage when you see how my machinations have grown. but leave me you never will. for more than any of the rest, you are tied to me. we will see each other again. we will be one again. our union more than immaculate.

we all will once again take what is rightfully ours...

No comments: