Wednesday, July 16, 2008

an aside from patrick

But before you hear my tale, listen to yourself.

What do you know?

What are these conceptions you carry?

What is your life?

Do you confuse me with another, another you may know, another who seems so similar, seems to be my tale?

Do you think you know the ending?

Can you tell me what happens next, because dear god I’d like to know what happens next, cuz what happens next, as your dearly beloved movie tells you, is gonna be amazing.

Or is it?

Can you smell my fear?

Do you understand?

I am not who you think I am, I am not the low life scum you might be getting the idea of, bumming off of my parents death.

I am not the ardent hero, with my traps of ingenious making and snares of wit and whiles.

I am not paranoid, dear god I hope I’m not paranoid. If you heard them screaming for your blood like I do every night, you would be hoping the same god forsaken thing.

So please, be still, be patient, don’t mispronounce or misread me, I hide nothing from you, just listen carefully, listen nearly, listen, for all I am is a man, a man wanting to survive.

My name is Patrick Schwinn. Please remember me, don’t throw me into your box of misguided maniacs. Listen, please, and hear why I am hiding from those who hide behind everything. Those in clear sight, those who know the why, the how, the when of The Noose.

Listen to yourself and know that I speak only the truth...

No comments: